Q: Why should I choose Peppers Heating & Air?
A: We are a local family- owned and operated company with years of experience. Our goal is to bring you extraordinary service to you and your family. We promise on every call...
- Show up on time, and call you when we are on the way.
- Flat rate prices with no hidden surprises.
- Repair it right, the first time.
- Certified and experienced technicians.
- Stand behind our work with industry-leading guarantees and warranties.
Q. When should I replace my system?
A: It is always a good time to start thinking about replacing your current system when you have:
- A major repair
- A leak in your coils causing you to continuously having to put refrigerant in your system
- An outdated system that is not keeping your family comfortable
It is better to invest in a new system that comes with company and manufacturer warranties instead of adding major parts to an old system that comes with little to no warranties. Also, adding refrigerant is not a fix at all. When you are continuously having to add refrigerant to your system, it means that it is leaking out somewhere. Spending money on your system just to have it leak out into the environment is not safe. Investing in a new system will ensure your families comfort year round. There is an abundance in new technology in the heating and air world to guarantee you and your families comfort goals are met!
Q: How long can I expect a new system to last?
A: If you have twice a year maintenance done on your system you can expect it to keep your family comfortable for 10 to 15 years. Having maintenance done on your system helps it run drastically better than a system that does not have any maintenance conducted on it. Systems that do not have proper maintenance conducted on them have a life span of 9 to 10 years.
Q: What is involved in installing a new system with Peppers Heating & Air?
A: Once you decide on the system that you would like to have installed in your home our Comfort Advisors will set up a date and time with you. On the date and time that you choose our install team to come to your home to remove your current system and install your new system. Our install will remove all of the old system from your property. Then correctly and efficiently install the brand new system that will keep your family comfortable for many years to come. Our install team will also go over all your new systems benefits and show you how to work the new technology they installed. Next, our quality control team will come out a day to two days later to ensure everything is installed to the utmost quality, and that you are satisfied with your new system.
Q: Why should I become a Comfort Club member?
A: You should join the Comfort Club because having an experienced technician check your system up to four times a year ensures that it is running effectively and safely for you and your family. Joining the Comfort Club allows for your system to run at top performance.
- 15 Point Preventative Maintenance tune ups, up to four times a year.
- Extend The Life Of Your System
- Ensure Your System Is Running At Its Best
- Discounts On Parts
- Extended Warranties
- High Priority Customer
Q: How can I improve my Indoor Air Quality?
- Duct Cleaning– Cleans and removes all mold & bacteria from the ducts.
- Sanitation of Ducts – Removes odors and adds a layer of protection on the ducts.
- Installation of a Reme- Halo Whole-Home Purifier – Keeps your ducts and air circulation optimal and clean.
- Install a 4 inch Media Filter- Traps more particles and is more durable than your standard 1 inch filter.
- Preventative Maintenance – Having your system looked at up to 4 times a year by a certified technician ensures that it is running at its best, and that it does not cause poor indoor air quality in your home.
Q: What should I expect turning on my heat for the first time this year?
A: When you turn on your heat for the first time in the fall or winter there are normal things to expect.
Normal things to expect when turning your system to heat for the first time.
- A dust burning smell that should last about 30 minutes. This smell comes from the heat being turned on for the first time in a long time. So, there might be some dust on the part that is starting to heat up. So, you should not be alarmed by this smell, unless it lasts longer than 30 minutes.
- The sound of a motor running or a steady running noise. This is common when turning on your heat. This is the noise that your system will make when it is running on heat. If you do not want to hear this noise, it might be time to upgrade your system. We have many options for systems that make no noise when they come on and when they turn on.
- Not normal heat sounds and smells that require a service call if or when they happen.
- Smell of fire, gas, or smoke. These are NOT normal smells that should happen when you turn your heat on. If you smell any of these things when you turn your heat on, turn off your system and give us a call to come inspect your system. It can be very unsafe if you do not turn off your system!
- Loud bang or scraping noise. These noises are NOT noises any system should make at any time. If you hear those noises when you turn your heat on for the first time, turn off your system and give us a call to look at your system.